The Art of Beekeeping in Northern Climates (Beekeeping Basics) St. Paul (Thursdays) week 1 of 3
February 13, 2020, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$49
Whether you wish to create a sustainable future in beekeeping or simply prefer it as a hobby, this three session workshop will address everything you need to practice the art of beekeeping including:
- Honey bee behavior and biology
- Getting started, including: equipment, apiary site characteristics, and installing a bee package or nucleus colony
- Managing honeybees throughout the year: spring, summer and fall including inspections (what is normal, identifying problems and intervening)
- Extracting honey
- Preparing your hives for winter
- Managing 2nd year (survivor) colonies.
This is a 9-hour course, consisting of three consecutive Thursday night sessions. Each class is held from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Instructor: JoAnne Sabin has been a beekeeper since 2005 and is a member of the Minnesota Hobby Beekeepers Association and the Honey Bee Club of Stillwater.
Location: 975 Snelling Ave., St. Paul, MN 55116
Registration opens December 2, 2019. Contact St. Paul Community Ed for registration questions. 651-744-3072