- This event has passed.
July 25, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Join us for the Pollinator Party at Lyndale Park Gardens on the east side of Lake Harriet. The Pollinator Party brings together bees, scientists, beekeepers, food, and live music. This annual event also provides an opportunity for people of all ages to celebrate the life and work of honey bees and native bees. The party will be near the Perennial Garden and the Phelps Fountain (also known as the Turtle Fountain). This event is free. Food and beverage will be available for purchase from Taco Taxi. Live music performances by Lovers on the Balcony, and Mississippi Hot Club.
- Learn about honey bees and urban bee keeping
- Discover the life cycles of honey bees and wild bees – and sample Minnesota honey
- Kids can earn a cone of ice-cream made with honey
- Discover the wild bees of the park – help catch, identify, and release bees
- Engage in Art in the Park with the Mia (Minneapolis Institute of Arts)
- Meet the 2019 American Honey Princess
- Dance with Bee Love
- Learn about skin care from bee products with Worker B
- Get honey recipes from MN Honey Company
- Learn to stay calm around bees with the MN DNR’s Biological Survey
- Learn where your honey comes from with the MN Honey Producers Association
- Learn how to protect bees and other beneficial insects with Pollinator Revival
Picnic in the Park with food from Taco Taxi
Kid-friendly, with lots of games, booths, bees, music, and food. All kinds of organizations that support bees will be there, so it's a fun way to connect with the pro-pollinator community we're all part of.